Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mobal® World Phones?

Does anyone know anything about Mobal® World Phones? I think we should have at least a handful of phones so we can easily communicate once we are in Europe. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to buy or rent phones.

The Mobal phones are only $49 (covers phone and the SIM card) but the rates seem high for France:

Incoming calls $1.25/min
National calls $1.25/min
Calls to USA & Canada $1.50/min
Calls to other countries $2.95/min
SMS text messages $0.80/message

1 comment:

Jesusguy said...

I am thinking it is better to buy an unlocked GSM phone and then shop around for the best SIM card price and provider. I found InTouch to be the cheapest so far at 59 cents per minute back to USA and free incoming calls. (You only have to make sure that your phone supports the band that your provider uses. [The provider is usually the seller of the SIM card.] GSM phones are either dual, tri or quad band phones because there are only 4 bands being used by providers: 850, 900, 1800 and 1900. Call your phone manufacturer to check on you phones band capability and call your provider or visit their website to see which one they use.)